[pmwiki-users] extended HTML characters

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 12:59:16 CST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:40:12PM +0100, Moni Kellermann wrote:
> Now I have the letter Œ - the character entity is Œ
> When I use it, it displays Œ as letters instead of the Œ. Same
> happens with Æ and Æ
>
> What can I do to display the entities correctly?
> I am puzzled by the fact that it does work for the others that I have
> used so far.

Looks like a PmWiki bug -- PmWiki is treating AElig and OElig as
wikiwords, and that's interfering with the character entity.

I'll fix this for the next beta release.  A short-term workaround
would be to simply disable wikiwords entirely with:

    DisableMarkup('wikilink');

In fact, I'm thinking that we might want to change the core default
to not process wikiwords at all -- but I'll put that as a topic
for another thread.

Thanks!