[pmwiki-users] FW: Announce: Slender, pmwiki-based wiki making a fresh start

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 09:44:33 CST 2007

What is the purpose for this proposal? It appears that the net result
is a hobbled wiki. If there are syntax elements you don't like,
mightn't it be better ignore them?

Generally speaking, markup is not supposed to be pretty. It is
supposed to facilitate authoring wiki pages. My only foray into
modifying PmWiki syntax involved implementing parts of Markdown that I
liked (especially definition of certain header elements). Perhaps I've
just come to grips with my own issues with PmWiki syntax, but I don't
understand a need to do a ground-up overhaul.

Regards,
Ben Wilson

On 1/18/07, J. Meijer <commentgg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ________________________________
> > Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:58:06 +0100
> > Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Announce: Slender, pmwiki-based wiki making a
> fresh start
> >
> > Am I the only one here who thinks the idea that wiki markup is
> > difficult if you have no penis is ridiculous?
> >
> > Anke
> >

> Hi Anke, I guess you're right. I shouldn't have put 'female' inline with
> 'children'. Major felony :-)
>
> Would have corrected  it on pmwiki.org, but is seems powers beyond me stop
> me from doing so. It's down.
>
> If you're the first to see the page again, please make the change.
>
> Welcome to PmWiki,
>
> /jm

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" --- Churchill