[pmwiki-users] odd password behavior

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 16 21:50:58 CST 2007

All,

I have a password configuration where I set 'edit' 'admin' and 'attr'
passwords using $DefaultPasswords. Then I set HandleAuth['diff'] and
HandleAutch['upload'] to 'edit'. Finally, I have a group Sandbox for
which I have set a read password to '@_site_edit' (for the new authors
to play in).

Yet after logging in with the edit password, I am still challenged for
the password to read the Sanbox pages (even though after logging in I
can see the Sanbox pages listed on the (:pagelist...-generated menu),
and moreover the edit password doesn't work, I have to enter the admin
password for the site.

Furthermore, I have *sporadically* found that the upload function gets
challenged for a password, also requiring the admin password, although
the 'edit' level is specified above.

This is a farm environment, so there may be some other things going on,
although I can't for the life of me see anything odd in the config.

Any ideas?

I'm using 2.1.26.

Thanks,

- Henrik