[pmwiki-users] Recipe for making logging succesful logins?

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jan 13 15:17:10 CST 2007

The Editor schreef:
> On 1/9/07, f.r.salomons <salomons at wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>> I am trying to make a pmwiki-website intended for use by a restricted
>> group only. Most pages are therefore restricted for viewing and editing.
>> Is there a way to log succesful logins by members of the user group?
>> Preferably without also logging visits to the homepage (which is open to
>> anybody). Is there a way to configure one of the logging recipes so as
>> to achieve this?
>>
>> Frits
>

> Zap has the capability of logging actions in forms and could to do
> what you are asking.  I wouldn't mind pulling together a snippet for
> you if you were interested in using zap. (I plan to do something like
> this for my site eventually).  Just let me know what information you
> want to capture from each login (member name? time/date? ip? browser?
> whatever...)
>
> There may be other simpler solutions, so you might also want to wait
> and see if anyone else has a response to your question.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Dan,

Tonight I found out (eventually) that what I want, can be done quite
nicely with the ActionLog recipe. This recipe gives you the opportunity
to exclude logging simple actions like viewing or printing pages. When
you also exclude logging other actions as edit, diff, attr, etc, you end
up logging only login/logout actions (with the authId and IP-adress).

a very content Frits