[pmwiki-users] Link to description of PmWiki on Wikimatrix.org?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 09:42:34 CST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:

> christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>> How do I see just the data on PmWiki at wikimatrix.org?
>> (I only manage to get a comparison)
>>
>> /Christian
>
> http://www.wikimatrix.org/show/PmWiki

Thanks. (I just found it and was going to say so).

A few questions regarding the different sections:

!!! General Features

* Are we already on version 2.2?  (I thought it was still beta)

* The url given is 'www.pmwiki.org'. Really doens't matter, but
   'pmwiki.org' also works and is shorter. The first has a 'www' in
   it though.

* I thought the data storage *could* be a database if you want to?

* There is no entry for the 'intended audience'. Frankly, I don't
   know who the intended audience is... "Everybody"? :-)

!!! Datastorage

* There's an option for 'Other'.  It's currently 'No', but IIRC the user
   can set up his own backend for doing this. Maybe there should be a note
   about this?

!!! Security/Anti-Spam
* 'Authentication Backends', I thought PmWiki supported more than that
   just because of how often it's discussed on this list :-)  (I don't know
   though)

!!! Development/Support

What is 'Preconfigured Hosting'? Does it mean that there are host services
that has PmWiki already configured for you?

Currently it is set to no. Does anyone know of a hosting service that
provides PmWiki for you?

!!! Special Features

* Right-to-Left support: This field hasn't been filled. I suspect it
   should be 'optional' according to the description of the feature.
   (Btw, this might be something PmWiki should try and support, in
   case users of RTL languages are desired)

!!! Links

* What is 'SisterWiki'?

* What is 'Windows Shares'? (PmWiki has it...)

!!! Syntax features

* Whas is 'FAQ Tags' (PmWiki has it...)

!!! Usability

* 'WYSIWYG Editign'. It says PmWiki has it as a plugin???

!!! Syntax Examples

* Internal Link. I think maybe we should add:
 	[[page name#anchor]]
   as an example of going to an anchor.

* Headlines. Another wiki had an example for the equivalent of:
 	! Level 1 [[#anchor]]   - heading with an anchor

Are there any features of PmWiki that hasn't been listed on that page?

/Christian