[pmwiki-users] login only

info info at hassanein.ch
Mon Jan 8 14:12:46 CST 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 15:19, marc wrote:
>  said...

> > > When using PageActions in your skin, you usually have an entry, such
> > > as:
> > >
> > >   (:if ! authid :)
> > >   * [[{*$FullName}?action=login | Login ]]
> >
> > My PageActions looks as following:
> > (:if !authid:)
> > *[[{*$FullName}?action=login | Login ]]
> > (:if:)
> > (:if authid:)
> > * %item rel=nofollow class=edit
> > accesskey='$[ak_edit]'%[[{$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit] ]]
> > * %item rel=nofollow class=upload
> > accesskey='$[ak_attach]'%[[{$FullName}?action=upload | $[Attach] ]]
> > (:if auth admin:)
> > * %item rel=nofollow class=edit %[[Site.SideBar?action=edit | $[Menu] ]]
> > (:if authid:)
> > * %item rel=nofollow class=edit %[[{$FullName}?action=logout | $[Logout]
> > ({$AuthId}) ]]
> > (:if:)
> >
> > When I successfully logged in, I still remain on the login screen but I
> > want to be back on the page where I clicked on 'Login'.
>
> Sure, I understand what you are trying to achieve, and it should happen
> as a matter of course. The login handler ends with a redirect to the
> original page, so whatever page initiated the login, should be
> redisplayed after a successful login.
>
> What you are seeing indicates that you are not logged in/authenticated.
>
> A few things spring to mind:
>
> - Are you authorised to read and/or edit the page from which you are
> logging on?
yes
> - What indication do you have that you are logged in/authenticated?
as you see above, after logging in I see the logout link
> - Are you using authuser or PmWiki's default authentication?
default authentication
> - Are cookies enabled?
yes

I assume it works as designed because it returns to the page where you started
and this is the login page. I think there is a misunderstanding if you
set ?action=login you will end-up in the login page again after successful
login.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

--
Thanks,