[pmwiki-users] Error on attachments when using $EnableDirectDownload = 0

Helge Larsen hal at post4.tele.dk
Thu Jan 4 17:33:22 CST 2007

Hello Pm

>Oh, you're probably using Internet Explorer then, which totally
>ignores the Content-Type: header if it thinks the result
>is HTML.

I know Microsoft does a lot without telling about it.

>> I just found some old php code that generates a gif-image:
>> I have placed this code here:
>> 	http://www.makoni.dk/testimage.php
>> and it does return a gif image.
>
>Okay, that tells me that the problem is somewhere in the PmWiki
>configuration somewhere.
>
>So, could you perhaps set up a new installation of PmWiki,
>enable uploads, set $EnableDirectDownload = 0, and upload an
>image to see what happens with a basic PmWiki install on your
>server?  I'm increasingly suspicious of a local customization
>or a recipe somewhere causing this problem.

I have now set up at completely bare system:
	http://www.makoni.dk/test/

The folowing config.php is loaded:
	<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
	$WikiTitle = "My test Wiki";
	$EnableUpload = 1;
	$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = '';
	$EnableDirectDownload=0;
	$EnablePathInfo = 1;
	$ScriptUrl = "http://www.makoni.dk/test";

I have uploaded my picture and Excel file, and added Attach: on the
main page.

There seems to be no problem on the test system, so the problem must
be in my configuration, the skin or one of the recipies. I will test
them one by one and report my findings back to you.

--
Regards
Helge Larsen