[pmwiki-users] Bold numbered list

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 1 11:49:57 CST 2007

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:50:34AM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 03:15:20PM -0500, Pierre Racine wrote:
> >>   Anyone has a trick to make a numbered list with the text AND the
> >>   numbers
> >>   in bold?
> >
> >Define a new wikistyle for it:
> >
> >   %define=bolditem item font-weight:bold%
>
> I didn't know you could use ':' in the definition of a wiki style?
> Is this new, and does it somehow differ from 'font-weight=bold'?

PmWiki generally allows either ':' or '=' to be used for settings
options/arguments.  This is because the web itself seems to use
colons and equals in different contexts; e.g., the web uses
equals signs in HTML tag attributes and URL query string parameters,
but uses colons in CSS properties and the like.

Rather than require authors to have to think about whether an
equals sign or colon is needed, most PmWiki markups allow either
to be used (PmWikiPhilosophy #1).