[pmwiki-users] Block Link Creation from Group

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 12:03:15 CST 2007

Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 5:18:57 PM, Patrick wrote:

> An easy way is to create
> an $EditFunction that disallows creating new pages:

I tested this by putting into config.php:

$EditFunctions[] = 'CreateDisallowed';

function CreateDisallowed($pagename, $page, $new) {
   global $EnableCreatePages, $EnablePost, $MessagesFmt;
   if (IsEnabled($EnableCreatePages, 1)) return;
   if (PageExists($pagename)) return;
   $EnablePost = 0;
   $MessagesFmt[] = 'Creation of new page blocked';
}

if (preg_match('/^Test/', $pagename))
   $EnableCreatePages = 0;

The result was that trying to create new page in a group
beginning with "Test" opened the edit form with the message displayed:
"Creation of new page blocked".
But I could enter content and save the page normally, so the creation
was not blocked.
Would the new edit function need to be inserted at a special place in
the $EditFunctions array?

Hans