[pmwiki-users] BlogSimple2: beta version

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:23:27 CST 2007

On 2/23/07, Jon Haupt <jhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a new version of BlogSimple2 which relies on Page Text
> Variables instead of categories for the blog to work. Instead of
> [[!Blog]] in the page, you need to have (:Blog:1:). In addition, in
> order to execute a pagelist, you need to use $:Blog=1 instead of
> link=Category.Blog. For example, the following would produce the
> latest 5 entries in reverse chrono order:
>
> (:pagelist $:Blog=1 list=blog order=-ctime fmt=#recentblog count=5:)
>
> The new version, available at Cookbook/BlogSimple2, features some
> useful changes.
>
> Previously, the page viewed in a pagelist looked quite different from
> one viewed directly. Now, by using Site.SiteHeader and SiteFooter and
> Site.BlogMeta, the page template will be the same whether you're
> viewing the blog using #recentblog pagelist or viewing an individual
> post. This means that the posts will be styled the same either way,
> which is a big advantage.
>
> In addition, comments are added on the page itself instead of going to
> the PostComments page. This seems far less confusing. The comments
> themselves are still actually stored in the connected PostComments
> page.
>
> When implementing this new beta version, don't forget to delete former
> versions of any of the pages in wikilib.d, in particular
> Site.BlogListTemplates, Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter, but
> potentially any of the included pages--otherwise you won't realize the
> new changes.
>
> An example of this recipe in action can be found at http://josquin.us.
>  Note that I have styled my version such that the metadata appears to
> the left of the main content.  In addition, I am working on a Social
> Bookmarks list recipe, thus all the little icons (this is not included
> in the blogsimple2 recipe).
>
> Jon Haupt

Hi, Jon:  This looks terrific, and I need to get a blog going on one
of my wikis, so I checked out your site.  Tried to post a comment to
the blog-entry corresponding to this email, and got an error page
"Access not permitted!
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/var/www/josquin/josquin.us/pmwiki/cookbook/commentboxplus.php:252) in
/var/www/josquin/josquin.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 938" ( and then
the same thing repeats, referring to line 939).

Also:  Have you looked into the Fox-based blogging tool?  How would
you characterize the differences?

Thanks!

Tegan