[pmwiki-users] Simple Forums - Force Comment in Name of the User

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 14:37:30 CST 2007

Sunday, February 25, 2007, 8:22:55 PM, Philip wrote:

> But how do I force usernames for "comments" entered using"commentboxchrono"?  For
> example, I put this into the groupfooter for a"simple forum" group.  How can I force
> the comment post to be recordedin the name of the user?

You would need to hack the script to make the author field hidden.
A better and more flexible approach I recommend is to use Fox and
build a FoxForum
see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxForum
and use a Fox CommentBox with it
see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxCommentBox
In this all you need to change is
||Author: ||(:input text author value='{$Author}' :)
to a hidden field:
(:input hidden author value='{$Author}' :)
which will insert the author value from logged-in AuthId
automatically.

For the FoxCommentBox I used messagehead and messageitem classes for
the posts, to give it the same formatting as CommentBoxPlus.
for this you need the commentboxplus css file installed, same as for
commentboxplus.

Hans