[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Do I need Zap or Fox?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 03:12:09 CST 2007

Sunday, February 25, 2007, 12:10:29 AM, Francis wrote:

> I basically want users to be able to edit and add  lines to tables without
> going directly into the wiki markup which can get rather confusing for long
> tables.  I like the 'delete' button that comes with AddDeleteLine2, but
> really also want an 'edit' button  that calls the data from that line of
> table back to the form and then allows it to be updated.

Fox adds a few features to AddDeleteLine2, mostly features implemented
in CommentBoxPlus, to make it a more flexible for building comment forms,
blogs, simple forums etc. As others said it is primarily for adding
content to a page (same page or different target page). It allows
insertion of a delete button for deleting the posted content later,
but it has for now no facility to add an edit button or link for
editing the posted content (and not editing the whole page).
Cookbook/SectionEdit may be used to add this feature I would think.

To add and delete lines in a table with a form input both
AddDeleteLine2 and Fox are equally suited. To edit individual lines
in the table I don't know. SectionEdit may not be able to do this,
since lines are not sections. But I have not investigated the
possibilities here.

If anyone has ideas how to add editing of lines and sections to Fox i
would be very interested.

ZAP is based on creating a new "data" pages for each posting of new
content, and then using pagelists to integrate the content to be
viewed on a single page.

Hans