[pmwiki-users] "Notify" idea; ±n bytes in RecentChanges

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat Feb 24 07:34:41 CST 2007

Hi Pm and all,

It would be nice if the Notify feature displayed two more informations: the
ChangeSummary and the +/- number of characters. This way there is no need to
check every change if we know the person and the changes seem reasonable.

The +/- number of characters may be also very usefull in the RecentChanges
pages: easily noticeable when a page is vandalized. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges for an example (it was
added to MediaWiki recently and proves to be extremely usefull). This data
can be saved to a page variable like the "csum", "ctime" and "author" things.

(The latter may be done as a recipe which I can write in the next few days,
but I believe is worth adding to the core).

Thanks,
Petko