[pmwiki-users] multilanguage redesign

sgp acs322000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 10:29:22 CST 2007

Jiri Hladùvka / OBUTEX wrote:

> (:enphrase-hello: hello:)
> (:esphrase-hello: hola:)
> (:dephrase-hello:hello:)
> (:xxphrase-hello: default text to be diplayed:)
> then $[phrase-hello]  could choose the proper translation.

I often use $[group{$Group}] to translate group names in menus.
ATM, I have to create a bunch of XLPages each one defining
groupName1, groupName2 in each language. This approach is very
cumbersome when all you want to do is to translate a short list of group names
in one or two pages, like the Sidebar. I think I would rather use something
like you propose, where the focus is in keeping all translated strings into one
single file for ease of maintenance.