[pmwiki-users] Cluster: Restrict Page Lists to only "top" groups ($g1)

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Feb 14 05:49:06 CST 2007

OK I installed cluster... marvelous..
We are now able to get page lists of "related" pages using simply

{$g1}-*   "sweet"

New challenge: I want to  get a page list where we only
have the "top" home page for each cluster.
and where home pages follow the default format  of $Group=$Name
e.g.

MailLists.MailLists
MailLists-Invitations.MailLists-Invitations
MailLists-Maintenance.MailLists-Invitations
MailLists-Configuration.MailLists-Invitations

Mangos.Mangos
Mangos-TreeCultivation.Mangos-TreeCultivation
Mangos-IceCream.Mangos-IceCream

Pets.Pets
Pets-Cats.PetsCats
Pets-Fish-Koi.Pets.Fish.Koi

I want to get a page list  of  only the Matriarchs

MailLists.MailLists
Mangos.Mangos
Pets.Pets

from those pages, users can navigate to "sub-groups" in the cluster
( hmmm.. aside: we need to come up with a lexicon for this recipe, terms
of discourse
nomenclature for "top of cluster" "children" etc...  )

in a pull down menu list...
  it is set up like this presently and I think a simple
adjustment  should do, but I can't figure it out.

(in site wide, global default Site.Sidebar:
Returns a list  of  all groups including sub groups...)

'''All Projects:'''
(:input form:)
(:select+ project:)
(:option :)Go Project
(:pagelist group=-Pmwiki,-Site,-Team,-TODO*,-XToDo* name=-RecentChanges
fmt="#selectlistgroups":)
(:selectend:)
(:input end:)

Goal: the above should just return a list of  the cluster Matriarches
and no Children.
i.e. FullName would equal {$g1}.{$g1}

I thought:

(:pagelist group=-Pmwiki,-Site,-Team,-TODO*,-XToDo*
name={$g1},-RecentChanges fmt="#selectlistgroups":)

would do it, where "name={$g1}" should constrain the list to only home
page for Kingdom.Kingdom page.  but
it did not work..

Site.LocalTemplates has:

fmt=#selectlistgroups

A simple list of select options.

[[#selectlistgroups]]
     (:if ! equal {<$Group} {=$Group}:)
    (:option value="index.php?n={=$Group}":)(:keep {=$Group}:)
     [[#selectlistgroupsend]]

I tried the following, but it did not  work:

fmt=#selecttopgroups

A simple list of select options.

[[#selecttopgroups]]
     (:if ! equal {<$Group} {=$Group}:)
    (:option value="index.php?n={=$g1}":)(:keep {=$Group}:)
     [[#selecttopgroupsend]]

??

Sivakatirswami