[pmwiki-users] pmwiki newbie question: problem with paths

David B Smith davidbrucesmith at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 13 20:44:44 CST 2007

Hello everyone!  Sorry for this what is probably very trivial
problem, but I am stumped.  I am trying to set up a wiki on my web
site (http://www.virtualorchestra.com).  I downloaded the pmwiki
software, installed it on my ftp site, following directions as
precisely possible.  So I put the pmwiki directory in the root
directory of my web area.  However, when I point my browser at the
correct location:

http://www.virtualorchestra.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

I get an obviously garbled page.  Any link from this page gives me
the following error:

PAGE NOT FOUND

We cannot locate the page you're looking for. Please check the
address and make sure all letters are lowercased with no spaces. You
may also move to a different page by using the links in the menu bar
above.

I have the following link for, say, initial setup tasks:

http://www.virtualorchestra.com/~444311.452405//cgi-bin/php.dat?
n=PmWiki.InitialSetupTasks

I have placed my php.dat in the cgi.bin directory, but this is in a
place that I am not sure is accessable via this link

(My area looks like this:

205.178.145.65
      backup
      cgi-bin
      htdocs
           vo
                pmwiki
                     pmkiki.php

Everything seems to bein order, and a friend of mine that had no
problem setting his up on his site is stumped as well.  I imagine
that there is a single easy issue here.  Can someone perhaps help me
out?

Thanks!

David B Smith