[pmwiki-users] utf 8 and MultiLanguage (was: Re: utf inclusion - odd behavior)

Tom Lederer pmwiki at celok.de
Mon Feb 12 16:36:30 CST 2007

>>> http://celok.de/Inhalt/GlückMitSpaß (Namespaced and Titlespaced
>>> works)
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to see the pages in the
>> Privat group.
>
> Sorry, forgot to unset the password. Fixed: http://celok.de/Privat/
> GlückMitSpaß
>
>> Are you sure that celok.de is running 2.2.0-beta29 or later?
>
> As seen on the pages (below the three vars) i am running 31.
>
>> It's also possible that the i18n.zip file is overwriting the
>> default xlpage-utf-8.php script with the old one -- I need to
>> fix that next.
>
> I reinstalled the 31 version which was indeed 0.3 kB larger, that did
> not work however....
>
> The problem just gor more confusing... i call the utf-8-fix script
> (as on the PITS page) at the very bottom of my config. If i call
> include_once('scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php'); instead (at the very same
> position) it does not work. If i call that BEFORE the XLPage however
> it works. I thought that the XLPage would call the file already...
>
> Anyway.. call it settled... i will try to figure this one out later..
> in the meanwhile i keep the utf-8-fix in action, so it at least
> works...
>
>> (Actually, I'm thinking that I will rework the i18n distribution
>> so that each language is available as its own .zip file.)
>>
>> Pm
>
> That is actually an idea i like very much. Maybe you could even
> consider to make an english i18n file, so i (and maybe some others)
> don't have to delete the PmWiki.* files everytime i upgrade...
> meanwhile all functional parts should reside in Site.* files anyway,
> IIRC.
>
> (BTW: even though removed, search engines (bots) still try to acces
> PmWiki.* files
> *shrug* )
>
> Best Regards,
> Tom

Phew... i really hate to bring all this utf-8 stuff up, beacuse i
have the impression, that this is a minor feature... however

uft-8 character in URL seems to break MultiLanguage recipe

http://celok.de/Inhalt/GlueckMitSpass
http://celok.de/Inhalt/GlückMitSpaß

each with two languages (in the upper left corner).

Yet none is shown on the page with utf-8 chars in URL.

This is not a question, rather an information.

(Note to self: clean up config.php)

Best Regards,
Tom