[pmwiki-users] i18n housekeeping (was: utf inclusion - odd behavior.)

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 16:03:45 CST 2007

On 2/12/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 10:28:30PM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> > On 2/12/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > >(Actually, I'm thinking that I will rework the i18n distribution
> > >so that each language is available as its own .zip file.)
> > >

> > May I suggest to organize and distribute each language as separate
> > pagestores (at least one)?
>
> I'll consider it... if I do it I'll probably have only one pagestore
> for all languages as opposed to several.  The major negative is that
> it complicates the setup for i18n sites, by requiring more than
> a simple XLPage() call.

With the appropriate scripts installed, it could be made as simple as:

$EnableFrenchLanguage = 1;
#$EnableItalianLanguage = 1;
#$EnableSpanishLanguage = 1;
include_once(include_once("$FarmD/scripts/i18n.php");

the i18n.php being responsible to declare the appropriate pagestore
and call the XLPage() accordingly (we could even consider to handle
there the browser context via the $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE']
variable).

Dom