[pmwiki-users] PHP5 and Pmwiki

Nancy.M.Blanchette at healthnet.com Nancy.M.Blanchette at healthnet.com
Fri Feb 9 12:31:06 CST 2007

Hi,

I am using Zendcore:  zend.com which is PHP5.  I am also using Pmwiki
version 2.1.27.  I having an issue with file uploads with .doc types giving
me a internal server error.  When I run the same version of pmwiki on PHP4
, I don't get the internal server error and .doc types work properly in
uploads.  However, direction is to use Zendcore PHP5.  I reported this
issue to zendcore and their response was the following:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|     OK, so Apache receives a request to pass file pmwiki, which is not a file at all, but a directory. So, somewhere in the        |
|     application, the request is not formed correctly to ask for the needed file.                                                   |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|     I noticed your prior installation of PHP was PHP 4. The Zend engine on i5 is PHP 5 only. There are some incompatibilities      |
|     between versions 4 and 5 of PHP so you may want to check for a PHP 5 compatible version of PmWiki.                             |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|     Also, PmWiki offers a FAQ page with some troubleshooting tips. There are some configuration options controlling upload file    |
|     size limits that may be related to your problem.                                                                               |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|     With the problem originating in the application, and with no PHP errors to go on, we can't really offer you much more help on  |
|     this question. You will need to work with the providers of PmWiki to determine the root cause of the problem. The PmWiki FAQ is|
|     found at:                                                                                                                      |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ                                                                                          |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|     Please don't hesitate to contact us with any additional questions.                                                             |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                                    |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nancy

This message, together with any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the original sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer. Thank you.