[pmwiki-users] Remote Testing of Passwordiness . . .

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 11:59:12 CST 2007

Greetings all. I'm looking for an automated way to remotely test
whether a given page is password protected. What I'm looking for is a
URL call that will return whether a given username/password
combination, or lack thereof, is authorized. Preferably, it would be
built into Pmwiki as opposed to a recipe.

Any ideas?

What has happened is my Pywe silently fails when a password protected
page is not edited; much to the shagrin of a few users.

Ben