[pmwiki-users] WikiForms and attaching files

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 5 01:05:33 CST 2007

I am trying to (very quickly) set up issue management abilities for one
group of my users.  I thought that WikiForms would be just right for it.
ZAP or JITS are totally out of the question, because the project leader
in question is *adamant* that he will not use beta software on something
mission critical such as interacting with clients.  This also means that
using PmWiki 2.2 is out of the question also.  But that's fine, because
WikiForms works with 2.1.27.  So far so good.

Unfortunately, now he tells me that they must also have the ability, not
only to have very easy forms for clients to fill out, but that they must
also be able to attach a file with the form too.  Unfortunately,
WikiForms does not seem to like that. I have tried, but it looks as if
the only way I can attach a file to an issue page is to edit it by hand,
and put the Attach: markup in after the page has been created.  And if
they have to do that, then there's no point in having a form entry
system at all.

How can I attach files with WikiForms?  Or is there something else that
will work for issues tracking besides WikiForms, that does NOT require
PmWiki 2.2beta?

Kathryn Andersen