[pmwiki-users] PmWiki work directory, re-revisited

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 09:04:26 CST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 07:39:19AM -0500, The Editor wrote:

> Just thoughts.  I know you'll come up with the best solution.  I do
> think farms should be made as easy to set up and work with as
> possible.

What part about the existing implementation is difficult to
work with now?  What we have now is essentially:

    "pmwiki-core"/
        pmwiki.php
        scripts/
        wikilib.d/
        cookbook/
        local/
            farmconfig.php
        pub/
            guiedit/
            skins/

    "field"/
        index.php
        writable/
            wiki.d/
            temp/
        uploads/
        local/              # optional per-field config
        cookbook/           # optional per-field cookbook
        pub/                # optional per-field css/skins/other

To me, this looks fairly close to what you've written above --
where are the major differences?