[pmwiki-users] Hg tweaks...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Feb 3 20:39:37 CST 2007

On 2/3/07, Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
> > Sivakatirswami, hope you are reading this.  I know you've been asking
> > for this repeatedly...
>
> Indeed, I'm following this VERY closely. First let me say thank you so
> much for your hard work on this...you have solved some huge
> problems for me here.. .I can finally merge all my fields!
>
> That's just "huge-awesome" as the kids say.
>
> All theoretical discussions aside about whether this is or is not
> "real" hierarchical groups; it really works and it really works well.
> In some ways I would might prefer to have the
>
> $Group[hyphen]Subgroup.$Name
>
> format remain unchanged.  Ugly from one point of view,
>
> but seeing
>
> Kingdom-Canine-Poodle.Grooming
> Kingdom-Plant-Palms.SeedCollection
>
> is SO obvious! I'm not sure I might not get lost
>
> with /Kingdom/Plant/Palms/SeedCollection

The fix I'm working on will allow you to use either format.  To avoid
getting lost it will consistently take the last part of the URL and
make it a page name.  Automatically.

> What "$FullName" be for such a page?

Good question. Guess we'll see what comes up...

> Is this subgroup page "stripper"mark up the latest?

I think it's up now in the latest version of ZAP (2/2/07).  If not
will upload soon.  However, you can add it directly to a config file
if its not.  Here's the code.

Markup('zapstrip','<if','/\\{\\#h (.*?)\\}/e', 'zapstrip("$1")');
function zapstrip($x) {
	$xx = explode("|", $x);
	$x = substr($xx[1], strlen($xx[0]));
	return $x;
	}

I really through this together quickly.  It could be made a good bit smarter.

Cheers,
Dan