[pmwiki-users] Integrating PmWiki and phpBB2 - site aggregation

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Fri Feb 2 13:47:47 CST 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 09:11:10AM -0000, Crisp, Steve [UK] wrote:

> I'm still trying to integrate PmWiki and phpBB2 so users think its the

> same site.  The site has a simple structure, header, sidebar, content

> and footer.  The idea is to use PmWiki as the main site and switch out

> to phpBB2 when users click 'forum' in the sidebar.  Sounds simple, but

> the things I've done so far (see below) are not working well and I'm

> looking for advice.

I now a great solution (for me) that integrates PmWiki and phpBB2 as a single (looking) site.  Basically I've added an 'action=hmtl' to return the raw html of any particular page.  In my case, _all_ I wanted to do was get the Wiki sidebar in to the forum.  I went down this route to keep the interface between PmWiki and phpBB2 as minimalistic as possible and in a format that the forum skin (style) can deal with.  Additionally it's dynamic so updates to the sidebar in the Wiki are reflected in the forum.

I've ended up with something that works very well. See http://www.enginuity.org/ for the Wiki and click the 'Forums' link in the sidebar - they look very similar.

Before I can create a mini recipe I could do with some advice on how to 'unplug' my changes from pmwiki.php.  Basically I've added a new function called HandleHTML, see below:

function HandleHTML($pagename, $auth = 'read') {
  if (PageExists($pagename)) {
    $page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, $auth, true, READPAGE_CURRENT);
    if (!$page) Abort('?cannot read $pagename');
    PCache($pagename,$page);
    $text = @$page['text'];
    $text = '(:groupheader:)'.@$text.'(:groupfooter:)';
    print MarkupToHTML($pagename, $text);
  }
  else {
    Abort('?$pagename does not exist');
  }
}

... and extended the $HandleActions array accordingly, see below:

$HandleActions = array(
  'html' => 'HandleHTML',

So back to my question ... how can I unplug the above changes from pmwiki.php into perhaps a new cookbook/gethtmlpage.php file?

Obviously any other recommendations/improvements to my abortion of an attempt to code php (copying what I saw around that did similar)!

Regards,

-Steve.