[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:26:59 CST 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> But what does concern me a bit here is that people not find themselves
> being misled as to what the recipe does and does not do.  It's been my
> experience that when people think of "hierarchical groups", what they're
> really expecting is to be able to write urls like:
>
>    http://www.example.com/wiki/Kingdom/Main
>    http://www.example.com/wiki/Kingdom/Animal/Main

FWIW, this is what I expect from hierarchical groups.

As an aside, I might also expect to not be restricted to uniqueness, i.e.
a page should perhaps be allowed to belong to more than one group.

     http://example.com/Kingdom/Sweden/Main
     http://example.com/Democracy/Sweden/Main

could well both point to the same side.

To me, the hierarchy is among other things an aid to finding the
information. But there isn't necessary a single unique path.

cheers
/Christian