[pmwiki-users] [resolved] Re: ftime formatting and time zone offset

TSgt Marshall Kelly marshall.kelly at txsg.org
Fri Dec 28 22:31:02 CST 2007

I found a resolution to this and the date math issue I had been working
off an on a little while back.

I tried the examples on this site
"http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExpressions-Sandbox" and found
that I was not able to get the same results. But I got some real good
hints.

To correct for time zone:
Today is {(ftime '' "+ 2 hours")} Local time (CST)

And by trying %a-z and %A-Z with ftime I was able to farm out the
components that would make the result look like the format that "date"
likes.

I was able to squeeze the stack of if-statements into this:
/*
 * dateOfEntryYYMMDD is in the yyyymmdd format,
 * adding 6 to the month column
 */
(:Anniv6mo: {(ftime %Y%m%d "{$:dateOfEntryYYYYMMDD} +6 month")}:)

Then I use:
(:if:)
blah blah (deleted rest of is and else ifs for brevity)
(:elseif date {$:Anniv6mo}.. :)
 6 Month Milestone
(:ifend:)

Pretty relieved. Had almost pulled the last of my hair! :)
mk