[pmwiki-users] html 4.01

carlos.ab at gmail.com carlos.ab at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 00:20:15 CST 2007

Em Quinta 27 Dezembro 2007 06:14, Patrick R. Michaud escreveu:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How difficult would it be to make PmWiki (core only) validate as html
> > 4.01 transitional?
>
> What part isn't validating now?  PmWiki is supposed to be
> validating as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, which is generally a
> superset of HTML 4.01 .
>
> If you really need HTML 4.01 transitional, all that should
> be required is to change the DOCTYPE declaration of the pmwiki
> skin.
>
> Pm

I think that just change the doctype won't help much as it failed validation
with 8 errors.

The tag end "/>"  for input, br, hr, link, meta and img tags is what causes
the errors.

AFAIK PmWiki doesn't use diferent xhtml modules and also I think html 4.01 is
still w3's recommendation so that is why I asked  about html 4.01
compatibility.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

CarlosAB