[pmwiki-users] RecentChanges timing out

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Dec 21 10:40:15 CST 2007

On my wiki (www.ccl-al.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php) I have about 400 pages on my
largest group (Alb), maybe 500 pages altogether.  Whenever I access the
RecentChanges page on that large group
(www.ccl-al.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Alb.RecentChanges) I invariably get a
timeout.  Every once in a while it will list a bunch of changes before the
timeout, but most often it is before it lists the first change.

Then in my Site.AllRecentChanges I similarly get a timeout.  My
understanding is that this one is stored text rather than "calculated" text,
so I'm a bit confused on this one.  The only thing I can point to is that I
did edit this page a week or so ago, taking out references to a group I had
just made into a private group.  Since around that time (I can't say for
sure whether it was exactly at that time) I haven't been able to pull it up.
Is it "legal" to manually edit this page?  Might I have messed something up
so it can't display properly anymore?

But in terms of the time-outs how does one go about measuring what is using
up the time?  I need to have some way of turning on a debug setting with
timings or something like that...

-Peter