[pmwiki-users] Using PMWIki to Manage Projects Need Help..

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:14:48 CST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 4:50 PM, Pico Ben-Amotz <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2007 7:08 AM, Pico Ben-Amotz <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 5, 2007 5:44 AM, David Fionda <dfionda at candeos.com> wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > I am trying to see if I can use PMWIki to help manage a development project.
> > >
> > > The hierarchy would be client / project/ task
> > >
> > > I tried to create 1 wiki to contain all of the clients and using group
> > > permissions to restrict access. Each client is a group, however, I can only
> > > go down one level (to the project level)  and then all of the pages need to
> > > be at that same level .  For example, I need to have all of my meetings on
> > > one page, rather than a page for each meeting. ( Client --> Project-->
> > > Meeting-->December 4th)
> > >
> > > Am I missing something> Is there a way to accomplish this in the same wiki
> > > or do I have so set up separate instances of pmWiki for each client or each
> > > project in separate sibdirectories?

You may consider Doku wiki, which allows multiple levels of wiki
pages. Otherwise, you can use wiki farms. A third option is to use
"ClientName-ProjectName/Meeting-2007-12-04". With this, you can use
the Hierarchical Groups functionality, or not. I'd prefer to remain
close to Vanilla PmWiki and use the Client-Project/Task Approach.

Regarding having all client meetings on one page:

(:pagelist group=ClientName* name=Meeting*:)

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill