[pmwiki-users] SaveAttributes and performance

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 03:26:10 CST 2007

I have been running some performance tests using StopWatch()
with Fox processing multiple files. I noticed that the line in the
pmwiki.php SaveAttributes function

    $html = MarkupToHTML($pagename,$text);

is causing the overall process time to more than double.
As a test I used Fox to rewrite and save in a different group multiple
pages.
With it Fox processed the 95 pages of PmWiki group in 27 sec,
by commenting the line this time was reduced to 12.6 sec.

Question: why is this call to MarkupToHTML in function SaveAttributes?
It seems to do nothing, but I may be wrong there!
Is it safe to remove it?
Is it safe to remove it at least when processing other pages?

  ~Hans