[pmwiki-users] Clean URLs (Another question from the newbie)

Tom Hayden tom.hayden.iii at mail.airmail.net
Mon Dec 3 22:15:17 CST 2007

I am attempting to create "clean URLs" for my website. I am currently
developing on my home machine to get all the bugs worked out before I
transfer everything to the real site.

The script is located in:
/website/singles/pmwiki.php
and the "direct" URL is:
http://localhost/singles/pmwiki.php

Following the directions in the clean URL cookbook I set up my .htaccess
file in /website as follows:

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# The rewrite base will be the document root.
RewriteBase /website
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           /singles/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ /singles/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Don't rewrite requests for any files, directories, or symbolic
# links (shortcuts) that exist on the filesystem.
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l # Send requests to pmwiki.php,
appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ /singles/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

I set up my /website/singles/local/config.php file as follows:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
## Use "Clean URLs".
$EnablePathInfo = 1;
$ScriptUrl = "http://localhost";
## more configuration settings...

Then, when I try to load http://localhost/index.php, I get /index.php
can not be found on this server.

Does any one have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
I would apprecaite any help I can get.

--
Tom Hayden III

Coherent solutions for chaotic situations

tom.hayden.iii at mail.airmail.net
214-435-4174

2636 Verandah Ln.
Apartment 1431