[pmwiki-users] Question from a newbie

Mikey Brass mike at antiquityofman.com
Thu Aug 30 01:57:08 CDT 2007

Tegan Dowling wrote:
> On 8/29/07, Mikey Brass <mike at antiquityofman.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I hope someone may be able to help me,please. I have searched through
>> the pmwiki site for the answer to my question but without success.
>>
>> It is to do with http://www.bcseweb.org.uk which uses the triad skin. I
>> am going to restructing the site, taking over from someone else who used
>> to do the IT.
>>
>> Now I know how to create different groups (Main and others, for example
>> Science). If you go to the url, you see "Home" at the top left. What I
>> would like is to be able to have a number of links there representing
>> the different groups - i.e. "Home", "Science", "Education", etc.
>>
>> But what file do I edit and where in the file? I have looked through the
>> pmwiki.php and config files without success.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated, please?
>
> Your site has a page named Site/PageTopMenu.  The "Home" link at top
> left, as well as the "Edit", "History" and "Recent Changes" links at
> top right, are on that page.  Edit it to add other links.

Thanks. I have taken a look. I don't have a folder called Site; there is
no file called site.pagetopmenu or pagemenu under wiki.d . I do,
however, have a folder named site under wiki.d but that is a sidebar
file. Help, please?

--
Best, Mikey Brass
MA in Archaeology degree, University College London

- !ke e: /xarra //ke
("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)