[pmwiki-users] Which calendar recipe is appropriate?

Martin Spindler spindler at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Aug 27 23:51:57 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I would like to provide a monthly overview for my blog in form of a
calendar (in the sidebar).

Here are my requirements:
* Change of the calendar design via stylesheets
* Desired visual design:
    - very compact (suitable for the SideBar)
    - for each day: only showing a link to a list of articles existing
for that particular day
    - if there are no articles for a particular day, there will be no
link for that day
* Ideally would be implemented in that way:
     The Calendar:
         - each day links to the same page (aka BlogArticleListPage),
containing a (:pagelist group=Blog ...)
     BlogArticleListPage:
         - basically contains a (:pagelist group=Blog ...) markup, which
shows (a configurable) list of blog articles
         - depending on which day was selected in the calendar, the
(:pagelist ...:) will only display certain articles
* I don't need any edit-feature embedded in the calendar

Since there are so many calendar recipes available (PmCalendar,
WikiCalendar, Logbook), I am a little lost here.
And I even don't know, whether there is one recipe fitting my purposes.

Any hints/ideas/experiences?

Thanks for any suggestions...
Martin.