[pmwiki-users] HTML to pmWiki

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Aug 27 19:03:54 CDT 2007

Thomas Gemperli wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 16.08.2007, at 08:37, info at hassanein.ch wrote:
>
>> Has anybody any experience by converting regular HTML pages to pmWiki?
>>
>> Is there even some tool support available?
>
> Yes, there is a perl tool:
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-WikiConverter/bin/html2wiki
>
> An example:
> $ html2wiki —dialect=PmWiki —encoding=iso-8859–1 page.php > page.wiki
>
> You can generate a filelist of your site (find ... ) and loop
> html2wiki in your shell (for i in $list; do ... ), an easy way to
> convert a whole website. The result is often helpfull, you don't have
> to write an existing page from the scratch.
>
> Thomas

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IncludeUpload
and
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EnableHTML

The second one is more limited, but also safer. You give it a list of
HTML codes to pass through. The first one, I'm not sure if it'll pass
through something dangerous or not (I trust the programmer, but I don't
see anywhere if this was a quickie utility for her own site, or
something more robust.)

Sandy