[pmwiki-users] Meta keywords?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:30:17 CDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Petko Yotov <5ko at free.fr> wrote:
> On Thursday 23 August 2007, Jeff wrote:
> > Search engine optimization...
>
> Did you try the search box on PmWiki.org? :-)
>

> > Is there a way to add a meta tag for key words in the generated home page?
> > My site: http://houstonlowvisionclub.org is a very narrowly focused site.
> > When I code the page manually, I can add specific key words in a meta tag
> > to help direct search engines. Is there a file or a method that I can add
> > meta tags to my pmwiki installation.
>
> Hopefully yes!
>    (:keywords one two three:)
>    (:description Enter the meta description here.:)
>
> Petko
>
> [1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageDirectives

Those directives seem to be designed to apply keywords and description
to individual pages.  I asked a long time ago (without an answer),
what is the proper way to assign **wiki-wide** keywords and
description -- or is this maybe a question I shouldn't ask?  Is the
answer that there shouldn't be any site-wide meta data of these sorts,
and instead that one should have keywords and description for pages
only?