[pmwiki-users] question about headings

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Thu Aug 23 03:42:01 CDT 2007

Mike Shanley wrote:
> You could always just do this:
>
> p {margin-bottom:1em;}
> h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {margin:0 0 1em 0;}
>
> PmWiki encloses nearly everything but heading in a <p>, so this will
> make things look like you want. Why fight it?

you're right, that works nicely.  I was concerned that this wouldn't be
possible because when I checked the source code of the page, I saw that
there was an empty <p> tag pair before the first heading and the first
heading itself was in fact enclosed with <p> tags as well.  I guess tags
need content before style is applied..?

I'd still like to understand why I wasn't able to get my custom markup
rule to work - that could come in handy some other place..

thanks,
Shi.