[pmwiki-users] markup to markup question

Frank Graffagnino frankie at graffagnino.net
Wed Aug 22 21:47:01 CDT 2007

Most of my customized markup either does something in the background,
or returns html.

However, now I am in a situation where I want to have some markup that
basically returns more (potential) markup.  Basically, I want the
returned string to be processed as if someone had typed it into the
edit page.  For example, a markup tag called (:foo:) that gets
replaces with

(:if blah:)
blah
(:ifend:)

or, potentially,

>>mystyle<<
blah blah bnlah
>><<

i don't want something that replaces the text permanently (like ~~~
does for example) - I still want to see (:foo:) in the page when I
edit it... I just want the markup function to interpret the returned
string as pmwiki markup.

BTW, I tried wrapping the results in "MarkupToHTML", but that didn't
seem to work.

Is this easy?

FG