[pmwiki-users] question about headings

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Wed Aug 22 05:16:48 CDT 2007

ok,

I've found the PmWiki docs for Markup(), and now I understand that
'block' is the "when", but I haven't been able to figure out what the
<:block,1> in the returned string is for.  Could you enlighten me please?

btw, the following code isn't working for me, perhaps you could point me
in the right direction?

   Markup('^!', 'block',
     '/^(!{1,6})\\s?(.*)$/e',
     "MyHeadings('$1','$2')");

   Markup('shi-test', 'directives',
     '/\\(:shi\\s?(.*):\\)/e',
     "MyTest('$1')");

   function MyTest($text)
   {
     return "shi-test:{$text}:shi-test";
   }
   $FirstHeaderDone=false;

   function MyHeadings($exclam, $headertext)
   {
     global $FirstHeaderDone;

     return "we don't seem to get here"; // this text never appears

   }

I shortened your function to determine where the problem was, and it
appears that the regex is not getting matched, although the test
directive that I tried did work.  Any help you could give me would be
appreciated.

thanks,
Shi.