[pmwiki-users] Cookbook: Standalone - help needed

SuneDK pmwiki at nym.hush.com
Mon Aug 20 08:17:27 CDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:30:43 +1200, Simon <s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone seemed to meet the requiremetns,
>but after following the install instructions for server.zip,
>and clicking on
>/pmwikiserv.bat/

You mean %wikidir%/server/pmwikiserv.bat right?

>I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Are you sure you are not running PHP already on your machine?

Using the standalone server.zip works perfectly for me.
I even upgraded it to 5.2.3.

I dont see why other people in this thread also wants you to install a webserver.

If you are sure you dont need a webserver, installing XAMPP just adds to the list of stuff you can
f*ck up.

Regards
SuneDK