[pmwiki-users] Speed up PmWiki

Martin Spindler spindler at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Aug 16 23:56:55 CDT 2007

Petko Yotov wrote:
> While I agree with you on the first paragraph, I truly believe it is easier to
> write and run a wrapper that does the checks itself. No user interfaces (and
> related bugs) [1], no configuration (except for once), and no need to teach
> the user of some new function she needs to learn and use.

I am a little confused here. Why is it easier to write and run a wrapper
compared to doing nothing but just writing the page's content to a
static file (i.e. as it is, without any checking)? What do you need a
user interface for? Are you talking about the [edit]/[new] buttons? The
only configuration I am aware of would be something like:
 $StaticPageExportNoChecks                            = true;   #
please, no silly checks
 $StaticPageExportDeleteAllPagesAfterEditing = true;  # just forget
about dependencies

What are the new functions a user would need to learn?

Martin.