[pmwiki-users] Speed up PmWiki

Martin Spindler spindler at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Aug 16 23:00:29 CDT 2007

Petko Yotov wrote:
> True, but if we do have less than one hit every X minutes, even old/slow
> servers could handle the load.

This is not only about the server being able to handle the load. It's
also about how fast a page can be delivered. And avoiding to call PmWiki
whenever it is possible can really improve response times.

I (personally) don't need any 'smart' cache behaviour. I simply want to
export a page as a static page, whenever I say so (e.g. whenever I edit
something). Sometimes life can be much easier without doing too much of
the 'smart' stuff in the background.

Martin.