[pmwiki-users] Confusing creation of new pages in wiki hiearchy??

Carlos senorcarlos123 at yahoo.ie
Mon Aug 6 22:37:24 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I am really confused about how PmWiki creates new pages and would
appreciate any help or clarification from anyone who might care to give
it to me.

Specifically I created some links on the sidebar after removing all
existing links except the one named "edit SideBar".  My new links
appeared with the question mark indicating the pages linked to didn't
exist.  So far so good.  I then created the pages and then while
clicking on other links in PmWiki like "initial setup tasks" or other
pre-existing links, the sidebar links appear next to the pre-existing
pages with question marks again.  Though I already created them!

If I then go to the browser address bar and replace
"http://localhost/PmWiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.InitialSetupTasks" with
"http://localhost/PmWiki/pmwiki.php?n=Site.InitialSetupTasks" my sidebar
links to existing pages appear again.  This time without the question
marks.

How can I set up a wiki that has NO pages such that there is no
confusion between existing pages that come with the installation and
those that I am creating??

Thanks.

Carlos