[pmwiki-users] CleanURLs

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Mon Aug 6 15:04:18 CDT 2007

List,

I am struggling with getting the CleanURLs to work correctly on my site.
I have tried my best to follow the recipe but am unable to get the ?n=
out of the URL.

Details:

Running PmWiki 2.2.0 Beta63 on Apache on Windows XP.(site running as an
intranet, no public access).

Apache document root folder: C:/web

PmWiki path: C:/web/wiki/pmwiki.php

This is what I have so far:

1.	Downloaded mod_rewrite module and saved it in the modules
directory for Apache
2.	Enabled it in httpd.conf using "LoadModule rewrite_module
modules/mod_rewrite.so"
3.	I decided to not enable and create a .htaccess file, based on
recommendations on the Apache website.
4.	Added the following in the httpd.conf file for URL rewriting:

# To rewrite clean urls for the wiki

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

  <Directory "C:/web">

    # Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.

          RewriteEngine On

          # Define the rewrite base.  It's not necessarily PmWiki's
directory.

          RewriteBase /

          # Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.

          RewriteRule ^$           wiki/pmwiki.php  [L]

          # Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.

          RewriteRule ^index\.php$ wiki/pmwiki.php  [L]

          # Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string
part.

          RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ wiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1
[QSA,L]

  </Directory>

</IfModule>

5.	I have an index.php in the C:/web which says: <?php
chdir('wiki'); include_once('pmwiki.php'); (If I remove the index.php, I
only see an "Index of/" page when I go to the site.)
6.	In the local/config.php file, I have the following:

	a.	$EnablePathInfo = 1;
	b.	$ScriptUrl = 'http://eha-wiki.eharch.com';

As I said, I have been unable to remove the "?n=" from the urls. The
problem now is that when I use the Search box, it tries to go to the
URL/Site/Search page but returns with a "Page not found" error. This is
because the page is really at URL/?n=Site/Search page.

Thank you in advance for any help.