[pmwiki-users] Division block nomenclature

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 12:11:44 CDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 10:14:58AM -0600, Nelson E. Ingersoll wrote:
>    Hmmm... the documentation (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BlockMarkup)
> does indicate that the >>blah<< block can NOT be nested while the (:div
> ...:) can be.  That sorta suggests one is not a substitute for the other.

The (:div:) markup can be nested only if the "div" is followed by
a digit.  In all other respects it's currently the same.

There is also a proposal to use digits to allow nested forms
of >>blah<< -- see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnNestedDivMarkup .
I'm pretty sure we'll adopt one or the other -- still, this
means that >>>blah<<< will translate into an equivalent (:div#:)
markup of some sort.

>    At this time I must demur suggesting a naming convention.  I'm an expert
> at being PmWiki specifically and wikis, in general, ignorant.  8-)  I am not
> "markup" sufficient.  Yet.  As I struggle with using PmWiki I will (do!)
> have suggestions; however.  Should I send suggestions directly to you or
> make (try?) to update/modify the documentation myself?

Either try modifying the documentation directly, or post a message
to the mailing list for discussion and comment.  :-)

Thanks!

Pm