[pmwiki-users] PmWiki questions...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Apr 25 09:45:20 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 09:31:37AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > After working through the various ZAP questions in my last post I
> > ended up with a couple PmWiki questions.
> >
> > 1) Is there any possibility of support for a nested tables solution
> > like the following?  The markup is too tricky on this for me to
> > handle, so I'm submitting it as a feature request to Pm. Or any recipe
> > write who cares to try it!  : )
>
> I don't have any current plans to write or support this in the core.

It would be nice to have nested tables.

> > 2) Is there any way to extend the group permissions system in PmWiki
> > so groups could be defined in other ways.  Specifically, I'd like to
> > maintain pages like Members.ChessClub containing nothing but lists of
> > members (either csv or one to a line) and have it so a page where
> > PasswdRead=@ChessClub, all the members will be automatically included
> > just as if they were listed on Site.AuthUser.  I could manually add
> > them to Site.AuthUser, but the code would be messier, and less secure.
>
> I can extend the permissions system to look in multiple locations
> for memberships and passwords, yes.

This would be much appreciated. I would like it best if I could set it
to read group memberships from a page location (Group.ChessClub) that
consists of nothing but

John
Bob
Mark

> > 3) I'm wondering with the new forms processing system Pm is
> > developing, just how flexible the following syntax is:
> >
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleRating?action=edit&editform=Cookbook.RecipeInfoForm
> >
> > That is, can it be used with other actions or only edit? More
> > importantly, can it work with ZAP forms?
>
> Since I don't understand all of the ins-and-outs of ZAP forms,
> I can't say what will happen.  All that happens with the editform=
> parameter is that PmWiki uses the specified page instead of
> Site.EditForm .

Guess I'll experiment and see how it works. I suspect it will work
fine. What page variables does it use on the page?  Site.EditForm or
Cookbook/SimpleRating?

Cheers,
Dan