[pmwiki-users] FoxForum and ForumX

Peter K.H. Gragert p.k.h.gragert at skyaccess.nl
Fri Apr 20 06:00:01 CDT 2007

Hallo (probably) Hans,

As promised:

I installed just a moment ago pmwiki 2.2.0_beta 42

And now foxforum.zip, extendedcond.php and guitbuttons.zip (unzipped and
moved to the right directories)

Triad skin downloaded and activated (nothing more up to now)

Trying now ./FoxForum  works only partially, fox.php was not included yet.
After putting a include_only . it in local.php
no strange message occurred (worked).
You may add this in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ForumX ?!

Adding post to a topic works . BUT with nothing extra EVERYONE can delete
posts.
How should this be restricted to the author? (the

I did not succeed in "Create a new Forum"  (what the page says is not
totally clear to me)

I Created a copy of FoxForum.php in (local) KanwegFoxForum.php (changed
inside FoxForum to KanwegFoxForum) and tried again create: KanwegFoxForum

Delivering (in red) PERMISSION DENIED to copy to KanwegFoxForum.CommentForm!

What does this mean (I am running xampp on a Vista box)?

ForumX seams to work. BUT everone can delete . how should this prevented
(automatically)?

Looking at the source (:if expr ( auth admin || author Peter
):){[foxdelrange 1177065359a44507b0 {$FullName} ]}(:if:)

Should do the job but does not . why?

Greetings

      Peter