[pmwiki-users] Farm Setup Questions

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 19 19:04:35 CDT 2007

On 4/19/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> I'm trying to simplify my installation and had a couple farm questions...
>
> 1) If I'm want to keep all my recipes in the central "home" cookbook
> rather than multiple copies in each field, what settings do I need for
> that?

For a recipe script in the cookbook/ directory of the home wiki you will use

   include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/scriptname.php");

For a local (that is, specific to one wiki only) version of a script, use

   include_once("cookbook/scriptname.php");

> 2) Similarly, if I only want to upgrade the wikilib.d folder in the
> "home" installation, and not put copies in each field, do I have to do
> anything special?

No.  That's one of the main features ("upgrading one upgrades them
all").  The distributed pages and scripts belong only in the home
wiki.  Any other wiki only needs two directories and two scripts[2,3]:

   wiki-two/
   |-- index.php
   |-- local/
   |   `-- config.php
   `-- wiki.d/

Hagan

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CookbookBasics#add-on_scripts
[2] From http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSetupByExample#wiki_two
[3] Strictly speaking it can be done with less.