[pmwiki-users] fun with forms

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 14:35:14 CDT 2007

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleRating?action=edit&editform=Cookbook.RecipeInfoForm
> The form really does work -- if you change any of
> the fields in the form and save, then the
> corresponding fields of the target page will change
> also.

One quick concern: namespaces.

Is it likely that someone might define a form element
that happens to match a name of a PTV in the page
without realizing it?

In other words, should there be a mechanism to
explicitly indicate that a specific field should be
replaced?  I realize the the hidden ptvreplace
probably says go ahead and replace any matching PTVs,
but does it replace any form element that just happens
to match a PTV?  This could particularly be an issue
with external recipes that may want to piggy back off
of this mechanism that need some other form elements
defined.

That wasn't the clearest, but I hope I got the point
across,

-Martin