[pmwiki-users] Summary lines in cookbook recipe info

Sandy pmwiki at onebit.ca
Wed Apr 18 11:25:20 CDT 2007

Hans <design5 <at> softflow.co.uk> writes:

> And someone looking for a forum will not likely scan 6 lines of
> "Summary" of Acme/ZAP to see if it contains the word forum.
> Six lines of summary is a longer description, and will not aid quick
> pagelist scans to find what one is searching.
>
>   ~Hans

It is possible to condense the 6 lines into much less.

Old:
Acme The Acme forms ZAPPING engine allows powerful and extensible
forms processing, including data validation, storage and retrieval. The
Acme Toolbox add many more ZAP capabilities, such as member management,
file management, page editing and/or insertions, newsletters, shopping
cart capabilities, and much more.

One possibility:
Acme (alias ZAP). Advanced forms processing, member and file management,
page editing and insertions, newsletters, shopping cart.

Deleted 20 useless or repeated words.

Bundled several concepts. If I want a forms recipe that does more than
the basics, "advanced narrows' it down enough. If I'm looking for
extensible forms, I Search for that word. Summaries are not the same as keywords.

I would move shopping cart to separate page; everything else is relates
to online communities.

Are there forums? If so, that's worth adding to the list, or
Community management (which includes member management, forums,
file management, and often a lot more, so you could use that to
replace even more words).

Sandy