[pmwiki-users] PHP/Linux/Hotmail: broken membership / mail() configuration

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Wed Apr 18 10:52:38 CDT 2007

On 2007-04-18 J. Meijer is rumoured to have said:
> The system is configured to send mail. And the sending part works. It's just that gmail accepts them and hotmail does *not*. It throws 'm away, probably because of eagerly classifying it as spam. Note that it doesn't even appear as junkmail.

Are you 100 percent sure that hotmail is just trashing the mail? (I
wouldn't surprise me, but I need to ask.)

Can you look at your SMTP server's logs to see what error (if any)
hotmail is reporting on the rejects?

Barring positive answers to the above questions, can you send me a
direct email from the same engine so that I can look at the headers it
generates? Not promising any solution, but I have an inordinate interest
in mailing lists and MX behaviour.  ;-)

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/